Are you want to delete your Gmail account? Deleting a Gmail account is a serious decision. Once you delete Gmail account, you will not able to access your Gmail account anymore, as well as other important accounts linked to that Gmail account like social media profiles, Bank accounts, Amazon, and all. So, before deleting your Gmail account, you should think once more why you want to delete Gmail account.
Anyway, if you have made a decision that you want to remove Gmail from your Google account for whatever reasons, then you have come to the right place. This article will teach you how to delete a Gmail account with detailed step by step instructions.
Things you need to do before deleting your Gmail account
- Before deleting your Gmail address, make sure your email address not used in any other important accounts like banks, universities, social media and all others. If it is the case, then you should change that email address with your another email address first.
- If you you have some important emails in your Gmail account, then you should download and save all your Gmail data. One simple way to download your data is by using “Download your data” tool. Just click on this and follow the instructions to save your Gmail data.
What happens when you delete Gmail account
- Your entire email data will be deleted.
- You will not able to access your messages anymore
- You will not able to send and receive emails.
- If someone sent an email to your old email address, it will get back with a delivery failure message.
- You will not able to access other accounts (like Facebook, Bank accounts and Amazon and others) linked to that Gmail address.
- In future, you are not able to make a new account with the same username of your deleted account.
- Deleting your Gmail account will not delete your Google account. Your other products (Google+, YouTube, and all) associated with that Google account will remain the same.
Detailed step by step instructions: HOW TO delete Gmail account
Go to the Google account service then click on sign in button (upper right corner) to sign in your google account.
When you click on sign in button, it will ask you email and password for sign in. Enter your email you want to delete and password to sign in.
When you have logged in, go the account preference section. In the account preference section, click on “Delete your account or services” option.
After click on “Delete your account or services” option, you will get two options (Delete products, Delete Google account and data). Within two options, click on Delete products to delete Gmail account only. If you click on Delete Google account and data, then it will delete entire Google account and all of your Google products (including Google+, YouTube, Gmail, and as well as other Google services) related to your Google account.
When you will click on “Delete products” option, you will be asked to enter your password once more for verification. Re-enter your password and click on sign in button.
After sign in, a new window will open with all of your Google products including Google+, YouTube, Gmail, and as well as other Google services. As you want to delete Gmail account only, click on trashcan icon next to the Gmail.
When you will click on trashcan icon next to the Gmail, it will ask you to enter an alternative email address to continue to use your other Google services with this account like Google+, YouTube. Note: Your alternative email address should not be the Gmail, it should be other email address like firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. Enter your alternative email and click on “SEND VERIFICATION EMAIL“.
Once you click on “SEND VERIFICATION EMAIL”, a new window will open with about the verification email sent to your new email address. Please read all the instructions carefully then click on “GOT IT“.
Once you have done this, you will receive a verification email in the new email address with a link for verification. Log in to your new account and click on the verification link (see the picture below).
When you will click on the verification link, a new window will open with a final warning message. Please read the final message before deleting your Gmail permanently. If you are confident enough to delete Gmail, then check the box below and click on “DELETE GMAIL” button.
Click done to complete the Gmail account deleting process.
Now your job is done, You have permanently deleted your Gmail account. If you have deleted your Gmail account accidentally or if you have changed your mind just after deletion your Gmail account, then there is a way to recover recently deleted Gmail account.