Are you want to add an appropriate email signature in Gmail? It will take just a few minutes to create a Gmail signature. In this tutorial, you will learn quickly how to create a Gmail signature with detailed step by step instructions.
What is email signature?
An email signature basically includes your name, your designation, organization name, phone number, website, your email address, logo etc. After creating an email signature, it will be inserted automatically at the bottom of your of outgoing email. An example of an appropriate Gmail signature is shown in the following diagram.
Follow the detailed step by step instructions to create Gmail signature
Login to your Gmail account and click on gear button at the upper-right-corner then click on settings option in the drop-down menu.
In the settings section, go to the General setting section. Next, in the general setting section, scroll down to the text box of the signature section. In the signature section, you have to change a set up “No Signature” to “Signature” button. [Note: If your Gmail account is associated with multiple accounts for sending emails, then just select one (for which you want to add the email signature) email address from the drop-down menu (Left corner of the Gmail signature text box). If you want, you may put different signatures for different email addresses]
Now, in the Gmail signature text box, enter your name, your designation, organization name, phone number, website, your email address. If you want, you can change the format of the text. The formatting options are discussed below.
- Font – From the font option, if you want you can change the font of the text of your signature (See the following diagram).
- Font Size-From this button, you will able to change the font size of your email signature text (See the following diagram).
- Bold-To make the text bold (See the following diagram)
- Italic-To make the text Italic (See the following diagram)
- Underline-To underline the text (See the following diagram)
- Text and Background color-To change the text and background color of your text (See the following diagram)
- Align-To align the email signature text
- Numbered & Bulleted List If you want, you may put from the numbered list and bulleted list options
- Remove formatting-This option will help you to remove formatting from your email signature text.
- Add Link to your Gmail signature –If you want to add a link to any website in your Gmail signature then click on the link icon at the top of the signature text box and enter a link and the relevant text that will be displayed for the link (See the picture below) then click on OK button.
8. Add image or logo to your Gmail signature: Adding image to Gmail signature is not straightforward. You can’t just upload an image from your computer and use it in your Gmail signature. Gmail signature only allows URL of an image or a Logo which is already available on the web. If you have URL of the image then click on image icon (see the diagram below) at the top of the signature text box and enter the URL of the image to insert the image in your Gmail signature. If you do not have URL of the image, then there are many ways to add an image in Gmail signature. For more details, go through the articles about how to add image or logo in Gmail Signature.
After creation of your signature, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on save changes.
Your job is done! You have successfully created your Gmail signature. Now, if you click on the compose button to write a new message, you will see your signature is automatically inserted at the end of your message. If you want to edit it for a specific message, then you can edit it there during writing a new message.